Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 136

39Rollson, Tobs, John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 22 »

Re: Packard Monte Carlo
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The only remaining question would be one of structural integrity with such a feature - might have resulted in a lot of shaking over rough roads

Reminds me of the early Darrin-built Darrins. Boy did they quiver like a leaf in the fall when hitting a bump in the road!

Posted on: 2008/11/19 12:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
You should try taking a ride in a mid-1980s Chrysler convertible over some rough roads - talk about cowl shake!

Posted on: 2008/11/19 13:32
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Along the lines of the PostWar Custom/Show cars, check this out:

http://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/Details.cfm?VID=312325&Year=1956&Make=PACKARD&Model

Posted on: 2009/1/6 15:12
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
While ostensibly a 327 V-8 car from new, it now features an Oldsmobile 454 engine that was fitted later in life with a competition carburetor and a batwing-style air cleaner.

Gah! A 327 V8???? Replaced by an OLDSMOBILE??? Who did the conversion, Peter Hartmann???

The question remains, WHEN did Packard have a "327 V8"????

And it was built off of a Patrician???

Posted on: 2009/1/6 15:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Don't you find it curious that, if it's a legitimate factory concept car (that no one ever heard of) that it has a 4 dr sedan Patrician serial number and not a 2 dr model, either a hardtop 2 dr sedan or a Caribbean.

Let the buyer beware!

Eric, Packard made a nice little 825 cubic inch OHC V8 back in 1921 - if I find one it's yours.

Posted on: 2009/1/6 15:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Turbopackman wrote:......Gah! A 327 V8???? ........

Might be a 'typo', maybe should have read 320?

Posted on: 2009/1/6 16:00
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Eric, Packard made a nice little 825 cubic inch OHC V8 back in 1921 - if I find one it's yours.

Owen, I will hold you to that!

Posted on: 2009/1/6 21:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Purchased from MGM. Sounds like a movie car to me. I can't see Packard's designers, or any legit designer, building a car that the rear quarters dropped off that badly. It's just plain bad design.

Posted on: 2009/1/6 23:46
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Damien K
See User information
I just received a new book "The Henney Motor Company a complete history" by Thomas McPherson. Pages 200 to 206 describe Henney's involvement with Packard in developing the Pan American and MonteCarlo with a few good pictures of the Pan American and one pic of the Monte Carlo. Overall the book is pricey but worth reading. A couple points of interest 1) Henney built the first Pan American for the auto show and Packard subseqwuently ordere 5 more, for a total of 6
pan Americans. I know that #1 was purchased and modified by McCauley and is on display in a museum in Detroit along with a gold colored one, and there is a green one owned by a private collector. This accounts for 3 out of 6 Pan Americans, does anyone know the where abouts of the other 3?
Also, the book supports that Henney built 2 Monte Carlo's for Packard, one is owned by a private collector, does anyone know what happened to the other Monte Carlo.
On looking at this this thread there are pics of the MonteCarlo, It would be nice if there were additional pics & information of the Monte Carlo & Pan American that could be shared or posted to this thread.

Posted on: 2009/5/20 18:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
Does that book have any pictures of a fastback variant of the 24th series (51-54)? I have heard that there was some develpment done with that body style. I may have deen developed by Briggs Body. Just curious.

Posted on: 2009/5/20 22:22
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved