Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
93 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 92

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 22 »

Re: Packard Monte Carlo
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Damien
See User information
Predictor rear 3/4 photo.

Attach file:

jpg  (28.05 KB)
1081_4910805070869.jpg 800X458 px

Posted on: 2008/11/4 12:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Nice clear shots of my favorite car. You can also check out a few more Predictor photos on the site that you might not have seen before.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=64&num=10&orderby=dateD&pos=10

Posted on: 2008/11/4 12:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Damien -

I look forward to seeing that article. If it is not under copyright protection, perhaps you could e-mail the scans to BigKev to convert it to PDF and store it in the online archive.

Posted on: 2008/11/4 12:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Damien -

Yes, nice shots of a favorite show car.

I donated a scan of a view from the 1956 Chicago auto show.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=92

I think you'll also enjoy the images of this car, from 1982, that HH56 contributed, as well. The original paint had changed color quite a bit over the years, but the Studebaker National Museum had the car restored to its original glory in the early 1990s.

Please consider uploading the images you've attached to our Packard Pictures gallery, here; look for the link to that feature at the left of the screen. If you scroll down the page, you'll find a link to a folder speciifically for "Show and Concept Cars".

I've also heard that this car was originally named the Projector. Your other comments are is supported by the coachbuilt.com webpage that I referenced earlier in this thread.

Thanks for your contribution, and welcome to a great site devoted to Packard motorcars!

Posted on: 2008/11/4 12:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Damien -

I just noticed some new pix of the Balboa in the Recent Photos bucket (at right) - then found they came from you. When I checked the folder, I found that you've contributed some 20 new images. Thanks!

Yet, I see a few of them are only thumbnail-size (100x80). Is that an error that you can correct? BigKev can probably help you replace the images, if needed.

Posted on: 2008/11/4 15:08
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Damien
See User information
I'm just looking at my archive files and sending copies of pic's that may be of interest. If BK can advise me as to how to replace the thumb prints, I'll be happy to fix them.

Posted on: 2008/11/4 15:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Damien,

See you're a new member, welcome to the Site. Quite a wealth of information there about some rarer Packards.

And if you've got a Packard/s could you please add it/them to the Owner Registry together with a pic, and any known history?

Again

Posted on: 2008/11/4 16:04
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Damien
See User information
Brian,
I re-sent 4 pics to the custom and showcar file indicating replacement for the thumbnails of the (3)predictor and (1) panther daytona that I inadvertently sent thumbnails the first time. Hopefully, BK can delete these thumbnails. Also, I got fat fingered and sent a Balboa picture that is referenced Pan American. Sorry for any inconvenience.
I hope there are some more folks out there that can post some pic's of the Pan American, Monte Carlo I and II, Balboa, Grey Wolf II/ Panther Daytona, Predictor, as well as any other concepts for the Packard proposed 1957 and 1958 model years.
Damien

Posted on: 2008/11/4 18:05
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Damien
See User information
Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately at this time I do not a own a Packard. I'm sort of a Packard buff, my father used to be an executive at Packard and I inherited his love for Packard.

Posted on: 2008/11/4 18:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
The Predictor is featured in the May 2006 edition of Hemmings Classic car is nice write up with quite a few nice pictures common to the Hemmings publication. Article states that the Pridictor was restored in in the late 1980 by Lavine Restorations of Indiana. I remember my father and uncle taking me along when they went to see it in 1956. My main memory as a twelve year old was that it was white and looked like a rocket car from the future to me. Artical states that Car life magazine February of 1956 has write up I do not have that issue of Car Life.

Posted on: 2008/11/4 18:50
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved