Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Transmission Fluid
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You have to separately drain the torque converter. See the shop manual for details but the converter has it's own drain plug(s).

Posted on: 2009/8/9 14:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There are drain plugs on the converter. You have to take the lower flywheel cover off and loosen one for air entry, turn 180 degrees and remove other so it can drain. Define shifting hard again. Mechanical as hard to move lever or slamming into gear.

Posted on: 2009/8/9 14:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
HH Shifter moves easily, second gear low range shifts hard, high range does not want to shift into second anymore and Low does note exist. Reverse is great

Posted on: 2009/8/9 15:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Was the lever damaged or shaft bent when it loosened? When you disconnect & move the lever at trans now, are the 5 notches now distinct and no play at all in trans lever in the detents. Since the inner lever was apparently loose before, if now tight was selector linkage re-adjusted per manual so full & correct travel is being made by the linkage and gearshift knob and it isn't hanging partway & not able to fully drop into a detent.

Posted on: 2009/8/9 16:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Morgan
See User information
HH I will check it out when I can get back on the lift. The bracket seemed just to be loose and everything tucked back together ok. Maybe it is just those metal shavings or something like you said is bent. Another side track, had to remove a section of the front grill, discovered that the chrome plating guy just spray painted them chrome with Krylon and covered it with a coat of lacquer. Trouble is he did a great job on the back, always thought those front pieces just under the headlights looked funny and a little dab of chrome polish told me why...it's just shiny paint..

Posted on: 2009/8/11 21:33
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved