Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
58 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 57

JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 22 »

Re: Packard Monte Carlo
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Which Monte Carlo are you referencing, the 22/23rd series one (only 1 produced) or the later one (2 produced by modifying a 1952 Mayfair)? If the former, it was scrapped many years back. Some fragments remain and its possible the car may be recreated around those remaining fragments. As before, I'm still not at liberty to note the current location or owner, but you can be sure if the project is ever completed I'll get some pictures.

If the later series Monte Carlo, as far as I know the one remaining is still owned by the collector referred to earlier in this thread and I've not heard that it's status has changed from that time.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 9:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
mtpackard51 -

Perhaps you are referring to what many have called the 1951 Packard Pininfarina. If so, see post #10 in this thread for more info on a fastback concept car that was conceived, but never executed by Packard. Also, check the "Show & Concept Cars" folder in this site's Photo Archive for pix and additional details in the comments.

The car has come up in several discussions, try "Pininfarina" in the site's Search box.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 9:43
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Damien K
See User information
Unfortunately, It does not have any pics of a prototype fastback.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 10:16
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Damien K
See User information
Referring to the modified Mayfair Monte Carlo, supposedly two modified Mayfair Monte Carlo,s were sent to Henney and returned to Packard. It's nice to know that one of these two are still in existence and understand your maintaining confidentiality about this vehicle. Hopefully, someone can tell us what happened to the other Mayfair Monte Carlo.
Also, you mentioned the first late 1940's Monte Carlo designed by Richard Arbib had been destroyed but the components were in available to do somethind with. I understand that you are not at liberty to discuss any details.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 10:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Damien K wrote: I just received a new book "The Henney Motor Company a complete history" by Thomas McPherson........

G'day Damien,
to PackardInfo. If you own a Packard, I invite you to include it in the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 14:56
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
[quote]
Perhaps you are referring to what many have called the 1951 Packard Pininfarina. If so, see post #10 in this thread for more info on a fastback concept car that was conceived, but never executed by Packard. Also, check the "Show & Concept Cars" folder in this site's Photo Archive for pix and additional details in the comments.

I'm not talking about the Pininfaria design built by Peter Portugal. This would have been a model or a clay mock-up done as styling exercise back before '51. I read about such a model existing in a forum on the Hemmings site some time ago, but neversaw any pictures. It might have been all BS, but I would expect Packard to at least contemplate the style. Considering GM was building fastbacks across its lime at that time.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 21:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
Sorry, I goofed up pulling in the quote box! First time I've done it.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 21:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Owen -

Way back in 2008, we got on to the Balboa in this thread, and in response to my mention of a brochure for this concept, and you asked:

Quote:
I'd love to see the brochure on the Balboa, is it available on this website? If not, could you scan and add it?

Unfortunately, I've been up to my eyeballs in too much other work since then and have not been able dig into my persoanl archives and provide a scan. However, I see that BigKev landed one of these same brochures from Dan Yocum's estate - now uploaded for your viewing pleasure:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.article.php?372

Posted on: 2009/11/3 9:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Brian, thanks for remembering. Surely an unusual piece!

Dave

Posted on: 2009/11/3 9:52
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

cutter336
See User information
I beleive to have a Packard convertable Monte Carlo.. How rare is this bought many many years ago. Was said to be the only one to exis .. Please let me know what I have.... Car is intact with surface rust.........

Posted on: 2011/1/8 3:41
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved