Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 123

Packwagon, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 22 »

Re: Packard Monte Carlo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
The one in post #114 also shows a divider in the windshield. I zoomed in on the pic I posted and I also has that. Wouldn't that make the one is Post 114 a '48 and possibly the same car?

Posted on: 2011/1/12 19:29
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The second photo is intriquing, but the original 23rd series Monte Carlo was a 2-dr hardtop, not a convertible. As it was a custom one-off car, it's not really possible to tell from the features whether the starting car was a 22nd or 23rd series, but the little we have about the car says it was based on a 23rd series.

Any chance to get the thief-proof number and VN from that white car?

Posted on: 2011/1/12 20:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Upon first reading cutter336's posts, I was hoping that another long lost concept car might have actually survived. I was further buoyed by the image provided by Let the Ride Decide in post #114, showing the Monte Carlo script on the fender.

However, the fuller view provided by 51Packard in post #120 clearly shows a convertible body, when the vintage B&W photos show a hardtop. The side glass of this car looks to be stock production - couldn't possibly be the same as the original Monte Carlo, with its dramatically different roofline.

Now, my gut feeling is that the original 23rd Series Monte Carlo concept car is gone, but somehwere along the way, much of the trim was salvaged and transplanted to this convertible.

Posted on: 2011/1/13 15:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
That appears to be the case, Brian. High hopes for a few short moments.

Posted on: 2011/1/13 15:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Brian,

It always amazes me what turns up! You never know what "double secret probation" car story has not been told yet.

The hardtop car fenders look like they are flared just above the top moulding and had the crest, where the convertible did not. The convertible(3)is missing one of the side mouldings that the hardtop (4) had. The convertible shows paint between the front wheel opening and the hardtop has the extra moulding and looks flush with the opening.

It very well could be that the trim was added to the convertible. Then the question is who did the work?

Posted on: 2011/1/14 5:20
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

cutter336
See User information
Thats the car.... I still have it... Would like to sell it to a packard person... John 936 827 7419

Posted on: 2011/12/13 13:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i hate it when there is no price...cause then i can't tell if i can't afford it....or if i REALLY can't afford it.

i mean i can call you right now and offer you 500 bucks....but what a waste of time....wouldn't it be better to weed out those calls and just put a price. just thinking.

Hank

Posted on: 2011/12/13 13:36
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
cutter336 says " Thats the car.... I still have it... Would like to sell it to a packard person... John 936 827 7419"
Why not post detailed pictures of the whole car-front, back,sides interior etc so we can see what it really is.You might generate more interest.

Posted on: 2011/12/13 13:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Earlier postQuote:
cutter336 wrote:I have pictures just having a hard time loading them ....... Car has emblems they say Monte Carlo ..
cutter336,

I can load pic's for you, send them to my email (ozstatman@gmail.com).

And a request, could you include the car in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo before you sell it?

Posted on: 2011/12/13 14:10
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If, contrary to popular thought, the original 23rd Series Monte Carlo did indeed survive, then I'd say it's an incredible shame that such a unique piece of Packard history, a one-off show car, was butchered to make a convertible from it. In that respect I hope this vehicle ISN'T it.

There is at least one Packard collector who almost certainly would have spent whatever it took to restore it to original condition and exhibit it along with the 53 Monte Carlos, Panther Daytonas, Request, Pan American, etc.

Posted on: 2011/12/14 18:21
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved