Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 226

Packard Don, BigKev, Wat_Tyler, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 22 »

Re: Packard Monte Carlo
Just popping in
Just popping in

cutter336
See User information
I have pictures just having a hard time loading them ....... Car has emblems they say Monte Carlo ..

Posted on: 2011/1/8 3:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If you search the old posts, you'll find quite a bit of commentry on the Monte Carlos, both the one-off 23rd series (apparently destroyed), and the two 1953 models, at least one of which still survives and was recently offered by auction, somewhere up in New England as I remember.

I'll repost a couple of the pictures. I'd like to see your pictures, perhaps you just have to resize them?

Attach file:

jpg  (53.48 KB)
177_4d2873c36d71a.jpg 800X495 px

jpg  (175.20 KB)
177_4d2873e6ea757.jpg 1301X894 px

Posted on: 2011/1/8 9:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
cutter336 -

Have you checked our FAQ section?

In the beginning, there was a FAQ on Photo Posting Guide Lines. You need to make sure that your images are of the accepted format and size.

The forum software appears to allows message attachment of files with ZIP, GIF, JPG, PDF, XLS, and DOC extensions (formats), but I suspect that only JPEG and GIF will display as an image (rather than a mere text link). JPEG is the most commonly used file format for digital photographic images.

To help deal with problems of exceeding size limits, BigKev later added a FAQ offering a Free Image Resizing Tool.

If your a novice with file management and image editing, take care to heed Kev's instruction about creating a special directory, then COPY the image files you wish to resize to this new directory - thus, protecting your original images from damage or loss in the event that something goes wrong.

Posted on: 2011/1/8 10:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Cutter336,
Did you buy it at a auction in Houston? White over red orange? A friend gave me a photo from that auction. It does not have the Packard crest, but it does have the Monte Carlo script above the front tire. And it looks like a black top. I always wondered what happened to that car.

Not a good picture, but he said there were so many people around it, this was the best shot he had.

You should put it on a trailer and show it at Salado.

Attach file:

jpg  (114.95 KB)
1220_4d2b7e728ddb6.jpg 1600X956 px

Posted on: 2011/1/10 16:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
The previous picture looks to be a 48-50 body, not a 51-54.
If that was a Packard, we would like to see a pic of the whole car. If not, who else used the Monte Carlo name??

Posted on: 2011/1/10 21:02
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The previous picture looks to be a 48-50 body.....

Could that be the car referenced in post 112 as thought destroyed. I think I see the Monte Carlo script on that picture in about the same location inside the dark stripe right above the wheel opening.

Posted on: 2011/1/10 21:10
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Bellefeuille
See User information
The fender in pic 112 seems taller than the white rusty car.. monte carlo script looks the same though

Posted on: 2011/1/12 17:33
Paul
1955 Clipper Super

"Your fate is just your destiny when you do not try." Cosy Sheridan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Can we get some additional pictures? If that really is the (allegedly destroyed) 23rd series Monte Carlo it would be a major historical find. Simply not enough in the photo to tell much.

Here's two other photos of the car when new, nothing new with these photos, they've been posted here before in prior discussions on this car. You can see the script on the front fenders below the trim line.

Attach file:

jpg  (48.63 KB)
177_4d2e3a23a5946.jpg 800X478 px

jpg  (236.49 KB)
177_4d2e3a3554707.jpg 1492X832 px

Posted on: 2011/1/12 18:20
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
A front shot would be telling as you would see where if there are the holes in the front/top of the fenders for the parking lights.

Posted on: 2011/1/12 18:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
How about this? Google search link Might be the same car that Cutter336 posted about.

Attach file:

jpg  (14.92 KB)
508_4d2e44a349e5c.jpg 323X242 px

Posted on: 2011/1/12 19:10
[url=h
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved